Thursday, 24 December 2015

Goodbye 2015, Hello 2016!




2015 was a year of travelling, exploring, and trying to brighten up Charlie guinea pig's life, after his mate Alvin, died in the new year. While Charlie went to stay with his grandma, who always spoils him rotten, we went to the New Forest, Dorset, Devon, Somerset, Shropshire, Cheshire, Derbyshire, Worcestershire, Warwickshire, and Kent in a caravan! It wasn't quite as adventurous as the Grand Tour of Scotland last year, but we had some great times and the weather was reasonably good most of the time.


In the process of seeking out new clients, I got work with a regional magazine and a health website. We've had free cinema courtesy of Tesco for the past year, so non-commercial writing in the evenings has suffered, although I did manage to complete a Start Writing Fiction course with FutureLearn, which I felt was a worthwhile experience.

Plans for 2016? Goodness knows! It's as much as I can do to keep work coming in and maintain the status quo. Although somewhere in the pipeline is a funny book on guinea pigs, and I have a few more ideas to flesh out. I'm starting to dabble in fiction, so perhaps this will be my first year of having short stories published. I also have a novel in the offing, which isn't too far from completion... although finding a publisher might be another story.


So I'll sign off with a Happy Christmas, and festive new year to all. See you in 2016! If not before.

2 comments:

  1. I believe you'll find a publisher for your novel due to your wide freelance writing experience.

    ReplyDelete